Tuesday, August 13, 2013

New Apartment

Sunset seen from our balcony

I've been having way too much fun decorating this apartment. Most of the stuff Jon and I have found on either craigslist, in thrift stores, or even on the curb! The only new thing we've purchased so far was a mattress, but it's even Canadian made, so I feel very morally happy knowing that our stuff is recycled and local.

Because of the nature of our furniture and furnishings, our apartment is acquiring a vintage look. While this is something that I wanted, it wasn't something that I intended. I feel inspired by lifestyle blogs that I follow (like Delightfully Tacky and Oh So Lovely Vintage) and the aesthetics that I've seen on EtsyModcloth, and Anthropologie. Whether or not that inspiration shines through in my decorating is debatable, but I'm really liking the look of things!

Come on in!

Steamy bathroom! 

Bedroom still needs work... 

A lot of our artwork and accent pieces were done by either one of us or friends/family members of our's, so that adds a bit of a home-y touch, too. I like being surrounded by loved ones, even though we're thousands of miles apart.

Mermaid print by Plankton Art Co.

Bunny & Turtle wood print by Lovesville

Triangle banners by a friend.

World traveler friends. 

Kitschy kitchen

By far my favorite feature is the balcony. It was a view of the Vancouver Island Ranges in the distance, and the sunsets are unique and alarmingly beautiful every day. 

Cozy spot on the balcony.

Green!

Above all, having Mr. Clemens finally here makes it feel like home.

The new couch got his seal of approval

No comments:

Post a Comment