Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Aaaaand they're off!

Ready to go!

After packing up the car Monday morning, Jon and I started on our adventure around 10am through the large state of Pennsylvania. The more we got out of the suburban areas, the more beautiful the scenery became. Out by the Poconos it becomes hilly and mountainous, a terrain that I know well by trips I've taken these past years. It felt surreal knowing that I wasn't quite sure when I would see them again.

Mountains in the distance

Ohio was boring and flat and barely worth photographing, and before we knew it we were in Indiana. After driving about 600 miles, I remember seeing a sign posted that said "Chicago: 270 miles" and thought to myself, "Yeah, we could do it." Well, apparently Jon had the same idea. We decided that we would stop for crappy dinner, call his family in Chicago to let them know our change of plans, and we then booked it all through Indiana to the Windy City.

Driving into Chicago at night was like looking at a Christmas tree! I didn't get a chance to take any photos, but we have the whole day today to soak it in, so I'll be posting some thoughts and images about this beautiful city later!

Bunnies on the road.

We can see a little bit out of the back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment